I purchased a vinyl album from the band Bad Suns (Kings Road Merch manages their online store). The album arrived with a torn up and bent album jacket/cover.
I wrote customer service and told them the problem and requested a replacement. They made me send photos to prove my claim that it arrived damaged (like I'm lying, really?). Then they asked me to return the item, which I had to do at my own expense!
When I requested a refund for my shipping expense they told me, quote: "Since the album was not defective and you are exchanging for a cosmetic reason we do not issue shipping refunds."
I explained that vinyl collectors (anyone really) wants their album covers/jackets not to be torn and bent up and that since they weren't willing to cover my shipping costs I would then just prefer a refund. I no longer wanted to deal with such a lousy company.
They responded say: "Your return has been processed. Please allow 3-5 business days for the refund to appear back on your card." When I checked my credit card statement it turned out they didn't even refund the amount I originally paid THEM to ship me the album!
So now I'm out BOTH the shipping fees they charged me to send me the album with the torn and bent up cover AND the shipping fees I paid to return the damaged item back to them! How does that make sense to anyone??
In my opinion, any band that uses Kings Road Merch to handle their online store seriously risks *** off their fans. A Google search for "Kings Road Merch complaints" shows a lot of other people have received the same horrible customer service.
I will never buy from any band using Kings Road Merch in the future.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Bad Suns Language & Perspective Album
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I rarely post comments on the Internet but felt compelled to respond to the negative comments about Enagic USA. Enagic Electrolysis Water Generators are distributed through a network marketing compensation..."
- "When I ordered from this Company, I was warned prior to purchasing the hair. A video on YouTube called HALO INDIAN HAIR SUCKS!!! warned me of this indian hair vendor...."
- "This is second deep dish and third stoneware piece to crack in half while baking!! Calked customer service and since it was replaced once it cannot be replaced again! I'm..."
- "I attended the 1020 Barbershop 3 showing at the Edwards Temecula 15. I was sitting in either row J or K seats 7-11. My wallet must have fallen out from..."
- "Checked into hotel on 14 Nov to find two small beds that were sold as "undescribed." Assured that the beds were large enough to accommodate two adults and two kids...."
- "I ordered a warm blond wig with layers and nice blended colors. I waited a month to get it. What I received was no better than a cheap party store Bob..."
- "Last Thursday, my 2005 Dodge Ram locked down while driving a block from my house. It dropped the driveshaft and rear wheels locked. I found that there was..."
- "The first time I ordered from them I paid $50 something dollars but never could get my order . I decided to try again and 3 out of 4 of..."
- "I had to send a package overnight which contained Professional Cinema Camera Drives which she allowed me to take home so I could download the footage we shot that day...."